On June 29th, 2015, after two months, thousands of miles exploring the American West, and more than 17 National Parks, my girlfriend Andrea and I crossed the border into Tijuana to begin our road trip through Central America for an overlanding adventure the likes of which neither of us ever imagined.
Many thousands of miles and six months later we had driven through 8 countries and loaded my truck onto a container ship in Colon in order to pass the Darien Gap and arrive in Colombia.
We often hear all sorts of terrible things about crime and danger in Central America, particularly in Mexico.
But the reality is quite different…
I had the chance to chat with Jason of the Zero to Travel podcast about this once in a lifetime adventure. Give it a listen:
Follow our overlanding adventures on our Road Trip through Central America:
- Road Trip Mexico – Tijuana Border Crossing and Mexican Auto Insurance
- Road Trip Mexico – First Nights in Baja California
- Behind the Scenes House Sitting in Baja California
- Road Trip Mexico – Baja Peninsula North San Quintin to San Ignacio
- Road Trip Mexico – Snorkeling in Loreto in Baja California
- Road Trip Mexico – Los Cabos and Problems with the Police
- Road Trip Mexico – Ferry to Mainland Mexico from La Paz to Los Mochis with TMC
- Road Trip Mexico – Arriving in Los Mochis and Mainland Mexico
- Road Trip Mexico – The Pacific Coast from Mazatlan to Puerto Vallarta
- Road Trip Mexico – Tequila and the La Cofradia Factory Tour
- Road Trip Mexico – Lake Chapala to Morelia
- Road Trip Mexico – Driving into Mexico City