Some articles on Desk to Dirtbag (and just what is a dirtbag, anyway?) contain affiliate links, meaning that if you make a purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you!). Thank you for reading!
Sunset along the California Coast, Highway 1, north of San Francisco.
I finally returned to see salt water along the Pacific Ocean after spending the better part of the year, inland and in the mountains and deserts of the American Southwest.
I was thrilled to smell the salty air once again.
One of the most spectacular drives I have ever been on stretches north from San Francisco along Highway 1.
I spent a good few times driving along these windy roads and making my way back north.
Doing my best to find free (albeit not necessarily legally sanctioned) places to camp along these stretch of campgrounds that charge $40+ per night (seriously?).
I managed to do the whole coast without paying for a single night.
A beautiful drive, one that everyone should do at some point.
Photo shot on my Sony NEX-6.
Latest posts by Ryan (see all)
- 13 Things You Should Know When Traveling to Medellin - April 14, 2019
- March 2019 Monthly Recap and Income Report - April 2, 2019
- 8 Things You Should Know When Visiting Mexico City - March 24, 2019
- How to Travel, Work, and Live Anywhere in The World with the Paradise Pack - March 19, 2019
- A Free Vacation in 2019 with No Scams, Timeshares, or Sweepstakes - March 17, 2019