Sunset along the California Coast, Highway 1, north of San Francisco.
I finally returned to see salt water along the Pacific Ocean after spending the better part of the year, inland and in the mountains and deserts of the American Southwest.
I was thrilled to smell the salty air once again.
One of the most spectacular drives I have ever been on stretches north from San Francisco along Highway 1.
I spent a good few times driving along these windy roads and making my way back north.
Doing my best to find free (albeit not necessarily legally sanctioned) places to camp along these stretch of campgrounds that charge $40+ per night (seriously?).
I managed to do the whole coast without paying for a single night.
A beautiful drive, one that everyone should do at some point.
Photo shot on my Sony NEX-6.
Latest posts by Ryan (see all)
- Day Hike Essentials to Carry on the Trail - March 31, 2020
- I Caught the Last Flight Out of the United States to Return to Colombia - March 26, 2020
- 7 Steps to Prepare for Future Travel When You Can’t Travel - March 15, 2020
- Is Belize Safe? Tips and Insight on Safety in Belize - March 2, 2020
- The Coolest Things to Do in Antigua Guatemala - February 24, 2020