Some articles on Desk to Dirtbag (and just what is a dirtbag, anyway?) contain affiliate links, meaning that if you make a purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you!). Thank you for reading!
Sunset along the California Coast, Highway 1, north of San Francisco.
I finally returned to see salt water along the Pacific Ocean after spending the better part of the year, inland and in the mountains and deserts of the American Southwest.
I was thrilled to smell the salty air once again.
One of the most spectacular drives I have ever been on stretches north from San Francisco along Highway 1.
I spent a good few times driving along these windy roads and making my way back north.
Doing my best to find free (albeit not necessarily legally sanctioned) places to camp along these stretch of campgrounds that charge $40+ per night (seriously?).
I managed to do the whole coast without paying for a single night.
A beautiful drive, one that everyone should do at some point.
Photo shot on my Sony NEX-6.
Latest posts by Ryan (see all)
- The Reality About if You Need Travel Insurance for Colombia - June 9, 2019
- May 2019 Monthly Recap and Income Report - June 4, 2019
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Right Travel VPN for You - May 26, 2019
- Where to Stay in Lima: Ranking the Best Neighborhoods - May 19, 2019
- The Ultimate Guide of the Best Things to Do in Lima, Peru - May 12, 2019