Go outside. Go have an adventure.
What role does connecting with nature and finding adventure play in your life?
For me, it really grounds me and makes me come alive again.
There’s just something about the simplicity of camping that I love.
You don’t need much to be happy while camping. Perhaps just a hot meal, a cozy and comfortable place to sleep, and maybe a campfire before bed.
There’s no smartphones, no Netflix, none of the normal distractions of our everyday lives.
I mean, you can sit around a campfire for hours and watch the flames dance. Camping it like the opposite of the Facebook Effect where you can just scroll on and on endlessly looking through the feed, never spending more then a few seconds on each item.
Our modern world harbors an ADHD culture. For me, nature and the great outdoors serves as a sort of counterpoint.
What do you think about the role of nature in the modern world?
S’more Outdoor Podcast
I recently had the chance to sit down with Brett from the S’more Outdoor Podcast to chat about the meaning and importance of nature and the natural world in my life.
Give it a listen here:
In this episode we talk about:
- We talk about the importance and meaning of adventure.
- The role of nature in childhood.
- What brought me down this most recent path in life.
- And so much more.
It’s like we were hanging around the campfire and just having a chat.
Give it a listen. Perhaps as you take a walk around a local park or through the neighborhood.
One of my favorite times to listen to podcasts is while going for a run.
I hope you enjoy. Be sure to visit the S’more Outdoor site for more great campfire discussions about the importance of nature and how we can reconnect.
Please take a moment to LIKE and SHARE this page. Thanks! 🙂
Latest posts by Ryan (see all)
- The Ultimate Guide to Envigado, Colombia - September 24, 2019
- Overland Tips: Guatemala El Salvador Border Crossing - September 10, 2019
- August 2019 Monthly Recap and Income Report - September 3, 2019
- Best Way to Learn Turkish on Your Own - September 1, 2019
- Overland Tips: Belize Guatemala Border Crossing - August 18, 2019