Some articles on Desk to Dirtbag (and just what is a dirtbag, anyway?) contain affiliate links, meaning that if you make a purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you!). Thank you for reading!
Brimstone Gulch, a slot canyon in Grand Staircase Escalanate, Utah.
I spent a day exploring the narrow slot canyons of Spooky, Brimstone, and Peek-A-Boo Gulch.
Hiking in canyon country was something totally new to me at the time. It felt quite a bit unnerving to me being unable to see readily identifiable landmarks on the horizon like I am used to.
On more than one occasion I felt unsure of where I was going. In fact, I stumbled into Brimstone Gulch first only by accident.
An interesting experience making your way through the narrow canyons which aren’t even wide enough in some places to walk through normally–you have to squeeze through shoulder first.
Shot on my Sony NEX-6.
Also see my backpacking trip through nearby Coyote Gulch.
Latest posts by Ryan (see all)
- 13 Things You Should Know When Traveling to Medellin - April 14, 2019
- March 2019 Monthly Recap and Income Report - April 2, 2019
- 8 Things You Should Know When Visiting Mexico City - March 24, 2019
- How to Travel, Work, and Live Anywhere in The World with the Paradise Pack - March 19, 2019
- A Free Vacation in 2019 with No Scams, Timeshares, or Sweepstakes - March 17, 2019