Some articles on Desk to Dirtbag (and just what is a dirtbag, anyway?) contain affiliate links, meaning that if you make a purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you!). Thank you for reading!
This post is meant to accompany my book Big Travel, Small Budget.
Want to see a PDF copy of my actual Airbnb listing for the main room in the house? Check out the listing (PDF).
Photos of My Place
Want to know what $425 per month gets you in Medellin, Colombia? Three bedrooms, two bath, lots of space adjacent to Laureles (one of the two most popular neighborhoods in Medellin).
If you’re new to the world of Airbnb, you can get started with my affiliate link and claim a $25 credit absolutely free to apply toward your first stay.
Have you ever used Airbnb either as a host or a guest? What did you think of the experience? Would you consider inviting strangers into your home in order to reduce your monthly overhead?
- Travel Hacking – How I Saved Thousands of Dollars on My Flights – Combine a free flight overseas with free rent on the ground? Now you’ve got yourself a cheap career break that you could sustain for quite a while.
Latest posts by Ryan (see all)
- November 2018 Monthly Recap and Income Report - December 2, 2018
- 21 Most Incredible Places to Visit in Colombia - November 11, 2018
- Travel Hacking Essentials: How to Meet the Credit Card Minimum Spend - November 9, 2018
- Travel Hacking 101: How to Save Thousands on Your Next Trip - November 4, 2018
- 2018 Best Gifts for Adventure Lovers and Travelers - November 3, 2018