Some articles on Desk to Dirtbag contain affiliate links, meaning that if you make a purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you!). Thank you for reading!
The Dirtbag Manifesto is licensed under a Creative Commons License. If it resonates with you, feel free to share the work anywhere, please just link back here if you don’t mind (www.desktodirtbag.com/manifesto).
- The average life span is 78.7 years (28,744.6 days or 41.3 million minutes) in the United States.
- Don’t spend your life at a job you hate, earning money to buy things you barely have time to enjoy, filling up a house that you mostly just use to sleep in.
- Kill your debt & kill your television (they are equally toxic).
- Stop putting your dreams off until someday.
- Rich or poor, all of us only have 24 hours in the a day. Make them count.
- You are the author of your own story: Make it a story worth telling.
- Downsize and simplify, because less truly is more, and less is liberating.
- It is easy to complicate your life, but much harder to simplify.
- Stop trying to get rich, and start creating a life rich in experiences.
- Stop buying things & start doing things.
- Your biggest obstacles are the ones you’ve created for yourself.
- Stop making excuses and start taking action.
- Start asking yourself: Why not me?
- Don’t be afraid to fail, you’ll have already made it farther than those who never tried.
- Life is an experiment.
- In life, as in the mountains, the easiest path isn’t usually the best path.
- Doing hard things matters.
- Find the edge of your comfort zone and take a step beyond.
- Travel far and climb high.
- Never rush good food, good coffee, or good friends.
- Turn your dreams into memories.
- Go outside: Life is too short to watch it pass by from a desk…
This is what I am all about. Care to join me?
Desk to Dirtbag is here to inspire you break away from a conventional life, to live life on your terms, and maximize the little time we all have here on this amazing planet.
If you feel the same, I’d love to have you as a regular reader… Let me send you a few goodies to get you started.
Please be sure to Like it, Tweet it, Pin it, or otherwise share it if you believe that this is a message worth spreading.
H/T to the Holstee Manifesto for the inspiration.
Latest posts by Ryan (see all)
- Airbnb Horror Stories – What to Do When Your Airbnb Vacation Rental Goes Wrong - March 10, 2018
- How to Overcome Smartphone Addiction - March 5, 2018
- The Controversy of the Pablo Escobar Tour in Medellin - March 2, 2018
- February 2018 Monthly Recap and Income Report - March 1, 2018
- What to Eat in Colombia – The Ultimate Guide to Colombian Food - February 25, 2018