Some articles on Desk to Dirtbag (and just what is a dirtbag, anyway?) contain affiliate links, meaning that if you make a purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you!). Thank you for reading!
If there is one thing in particular my website it is known for, it is for all the time I’ve spent living in a truck, along with my truck camping related tips, tricks, and builds. I was surprised to say the least when the folks at Popular Mechanics reached out to me about truck camping.
We had just pulled into Ibarra, Ecuador after driving across the border from Colombia with my trusty old truck when I hopped onto a phone call interview with a writer from Popular Mechanics.
While I’ve got a Skype based phone number, I still need a good internet connection, and this hotel wasn’t exactly it.
Despite the lousy connection and dropped calls, we were able to work through the informal interview about truck camping, and they turned it into an article for their September 2017 issue, titled “How to Turn Your Truck into an RV”.
The article is short and sweet, but it was incredible to be featured in this iconic publication which has been around for more than 100 years and has a circulation of more than 1 million subscribers!
I mean, I used to read Popular Mechanics when I was a kid, and here I am suddenly featured in its pages.
This wasn’t just an article for their online blog either, but an article featured in print! Hopefully I can get my hands on an issue some day, but it’s a little difficult all the way down here in South America.
Please do check out the short truck camping article in Popular Mechanics…
If you are looking for more truck camping tips and tricks, be sure to check out the numerous detailed articles that I’ve featured on my blog over the years.
Be sure to give the Popular Mechanics article a like, share, tweet, or anything else to help spread the word!
How to Turn Your Truck Into an RV via Popular Mechanics
Read Next: How to Start Truck Camping
More truck camping stuff?
Join the private Facebook group Pickup Truck Camping to ask questions and share your insights, and be sure to get outfitted and get going with the essentials by checking out my favorite truck camping gear.
- Truck Camping 101 – Elevated Sleeping Platform vs. the Back Shelf Approach
- Truck Camping – A Guide to Outfitting and Living in the Back of Your Pickup
- Truck Camping Videos – A Full Library of Truck Camping In Action
- What You Need to Get Started Truck Camping
- Truck Camping – Choosing a Sleeping Pad or Truck Bed Mattress
- 7 Awesome Products for Your Next Road Trip
- 4 Crucial Considerations When Buying a Truck Canopy for Camping
- 1991 Toyota Pickup – An Ode to an Awesome Old Truck
- Pickup Truck Canopy Camping Frequently Asked Questions
- Comparing Roof Top Tents, Canopies, Slide-In Campers, and Truck Bed Tents
- Casino Camping – Free Drinks, Cheap Food, Cheap Entertainment, and Free Money
- Living in a Truck or How to Turn a Canopy into an RV
- Truck Camping Essentials – Why You Need a Dual Battery Setup
- How to Build the Ultimate Truck Bed Camper Setup – Step by Step Directions
Did you enjoy this post? Please take a moment to share it on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter.
Latest posts by Ryan (see all)
- November 2018 Monthly Recap and Income Report - December 2, 2018
- 21 Most Incredible Places to Visit in Colombia - November 11, 2018
- Travel Hacking Essentials: How to Meet the Credit Card Minimum Spend - November 9, 2018
- Travel Hacking 101: How to Save Thousands on Your Next Trip - November 4, 2018
- 2018 Best Gifts for Adventure Lovers and Travelers - November 3, 2018