Some articles on Desk to Dirtbag (and just what is a dirtbag, anyway?) contain affiliate links, meaning that if you make a purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you!). Thank you for reading!
I had the pleasure of chatting with Jason Moore over at the Zero to Travel podcast about how to overland Central America, where we discussed my and Andrea’s big road trip through every country in Central America last year, including touching base on what to know before you go, what to expect when you are on the road, and plenty more.
I must say, that trip was one of the coolest, most life-changing experiences I have ever undertaken. Going overland Central America isn’t for everybody, but if you’ve got a little bit of a spirit of adventure and don’t lose it when things don’t go exactly to plan, then you can probably undertake this trip.
You don’t need to be a professional adventurer, you don’t need to be an auto mechanic wiz, this is a trip that is undertaken by people of all backgrounds and abilities.
Jason and I talked about the pros (and cons) of overland travel, what to expect on a road trip through Central America, some of my favorite gear on the road, some of my favorite resources to find camping, and a lot more:
- How to unlock a hidden world of infinite possibilities during your travels
- Another definition for ‘dirtbag’
- Where to find ‘normal’ people that do overland travel
- How to prepare your vehicle for overland travel
- Precautions to take while driving in Central America
- Primary benefits of overland travel
- How to deal with car insurance
- Best practices for cooking set up
- How to develop an organized system for storage
- General rules of the road for overland travel in Central America
- Best recommendations for sleeping spots
- The best amount of time to allot for a trip through Central America
- General daily budget you should think about
- Hidden gems and unexpected surprises in Central America
Give it a listen and be sure to check out more of his episodes with other veteran travelers.
Mexico Travel Guide
Read Next: My Mexico Travel Guide, Tips, and Resources
Did you enjoy enjoy this post on how to overland Central America? Please give it a share on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Latest posts by Ryan (see all)
- 9 Best Ways to Find Cheap Accommodation (or Better Yet Free!) - February 13, 2019
- The Ultimate Guide to La Candelaria Medellin Centro - February 11, 2019
- No More Stupid Goals: Why Are SMART Goals Important? - February 6, 2019
- January 2019 Monthly Recap and Income Report - February 3, 2019
- 9 Best Blogging Tools to Take Your Site to the Next Level - January 29, 2019